Okay, I am here in front of you all creating my own book blogger/reading challenge. Basically, in 2019 all I read were wattpad books. Then in 2020, I read almost entirely traditionally-published books. I find myself wanting to keep up with all the corners of the book community! I want to keep with trad-pub books, the indie world, serial fiction, and I want to help my fellow authors out by beta reading and reading arcs and signing up for blog tours. I want to do it all! But how can I do it all if I don’t plan?
Hence, the Change Up Your Bingo Reading Challenge.
I’m compiling a list of all the different ways to find books to read and then putting them into bingo cards.
How do you play? Pick a bingo card, read books, and start filling in squares. Just be sure to link to this blog if you decide to post about the challenge on yours!
Categories: (feel free to make your own card)
- Traditionally-published book
- Indie book
- wattpad book
- Radish book
- Booksprout arc
- Netgalley arc
- Beta read a manuscript for a friend
- Find a manuscript to beta read through a goodreads group
- A book from smashwords
- A book from lulu
- An audible book
- An audiobook from the library (most libraries use Overdrive or Libby and you can download books from home)
- A story on A03
- A book for a blog tour (I like going through Silver Dagger best)
- A book from Project Gutenburg
- A story on fanfiction.net
- A book serialized on a blog or on reddit
- Tapas Book
- Book you discovered through Booktube
- A book you find in a used bookstore
- A Manga
- A Book you found through bookstagram
- An indie anthology
- A Classic
- A Non-fiction Book by a Creator You Enjoy (blogger, youtuber, business owner, etc)
There we go! Now that is a nice variety of books that allows me to support all kinds of different indie creators across a number of platforms (and of course, I’ve gotta keep up with all the traditionally-published and classics that might come up in my travels across the bookosphere).
And now for the Bingo cards!
Okay! What do you guys think of my first time creating a blogger reading challenge?
Eh, even if nobody else does it, it will give me a way to make sure I read books in different formats over the course of 2021.
That’s it for me! Hope you guys are having a great weekend 🙂